How To Create Design & Analysis Of A Simple Structure With Orion 18
This is a useful construction video that shows how to use Orion V18 software to create the design of a basic structure. Orion is a construction program as well as structural engineering software from CSC (currently acquired by Tekla) that can be used for developing efficient structural design. The software can design simple or complicated reinforced concrete buildings. It performs analysis and design concerning valid structural elements like beams, columns, slabs and walls. It can also work with complex structures like multi-storey buildings There also exist a series of international codes along with British Standards and Eurocodes.
Orion 18.0 supports both 32 and 64-bit operating system.
Given below some of the exclusive features of Orion 18.0 :-
• Beams now designed for torsion
• Latest polyline column editor
• Batch FE beam load decomposition
• Latest column centreline modelling in Building Analysis
• Superior automatic cantilever marking
• New column perimeter modelling in FE raft foundation analysis
• Consistent BIM integration with Autodesk® Revit® 2013 and Tekla Structures 2013
• Several new modeling features
• Superior finite element analysis
• Advanced member design and detailing
• Design and detailing of numerous foundation systems together wih pads, pile caps, strip footings, rafts and piled rafts containing eccentric piling arrangements.
• Facilitates the engineers to directly export drawing details into CAD
• Produce material-take offs in initial design phase