A position is vacant for Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
Introduction: A leading medium size business situated in Benoni and engaged with the manufacturing, and installation of Prefabricated Modular Buildings, together with structures and related services, like basic reticulation and civils, is inviting application for a young +- 30 years old Quantity Surveyor who possesses a degree of BSc or BTech (QS).
The candidate should contain at least 5 years experience and onsite experience with contracts with regard to residential housing / Offices / Warehouse construction.
Objective of the job:
• The candidate has to price all the submitted tenders which should contain the following:
• Rate all project costs along with P&Gs, project cash flows, project programmes.
• The candidate should also take responsibility to monitor to commercial prospects of alloted projects and carry out closeout reports.
Duties and liabilities:
• Costings and budgets formation for the allotted projects.
• Tender and contract documents formation together with the bills of materials for procurement.
• Advocating on the procurement policy.
• Accomplishing monthly valuations of work progress, along with forecasting of final costs.
• Estimate, value, submit and negotiate contract variations.
• Control and generate perfect formal reports with reference to the project timelines.
• Recognizing, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
• Providing support to general manager with a range of other duties as essential from time to time.
• Technical qualification with a degree in B.Sc (QS) University Degree or B-Tech Degree.
• At least 5 years experience with quantity surveying in South Africa.
• Should contain sound practical organisation skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling.
• Should be capable of providing both summarised and detailed reports on current activities.
• Good knowledge in computer and have the capability to apply Microsoft Office and Microsoft Projects.
• Comprehensible experience in arranging tenders respecting construction.
• Personal Attributes:
• Motivated and determined individual.
• Good speaking power in English.
• Eagerness to travel.
• Good team player and effective communicator.
• Negotiable based on experience
To apply online, go through the following link www.infomine.com