A position is vacant for electrical engineering in Charlotte, NC
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE), a leading provider of professional, technical engineering and consulting solutions in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets, is seeking an experienced electrical engineer for its Charlotte, NC office.
The prospective candidate should possess 5-10 years of consulting engineering experience for creating design of electrical systems as well as formulating plans and specifications for different facility types.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accomplish professional engineering tasks under the guidance of a senior engineer and/or project manager.
• Acquires and documents field data with field visits to project sites both in and out of state. Occasionally overnight travel is required.
• Guide the junior engineers and designers within own discipline, evaluate work of junior level engineers, designers and technicians to maintain quality.
• Helps Group Leader with project planning, managing schedules and budgets to finish work within schedule and budget.
• Acquires knowledge of building codes and stays updated with building code changes.
• Executes equipment takeoffs for estimating purposes.
• Help in defining staffing requirements for certain projects and coordinating staff assignments to make sure the best use of staff and in time delivery of high-quality products and services.
• Within technical specialty, capable of making design and layout routine portions of a project with Revit, CAD or other means and moderate knowledge in CAD.
• Formulates plans, specifications and cost estimates for a limited number of concurrent projects.
• Arranges studies, drawing or sketches as necessary, creates final design documents.
Benefits or Drawbacks of Paper Joint of Tiles.
• Capable of indicating engineering systems from catalogs or CAD systems.
• Excellent communication skills with staff, vendors and clients.
• Complete graduation from an certified four‐year engineering curriculum.
• Should possess at least 5 years of specific on‐the‐job experience in the consulting engineering field along with developing plans and specifications in his/her technical specialty.
• Should have sound knowledge of the principles of the discipline to be designed.
• Knowledge in design of healthcare, higher education, transportation or commercial will be an added advantage.
• Formal training in Revit/AutoCAD MEP preferred or commensurate experience.
• Should contain outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Certifications and licenses: PE (Professional Engineer) License required.
To send application for the job, click on the following link Electrical Engineer