HOW TO CHECK THE WORKABILITY OF FRESH CONCRETE WITH COMPACTION
The compaction factor test is performed for calculating the degree of workability of fresh concrete in connection with the internal energy necessary for compacting the concrete in detail.
Compaction Factor Test Machine
MACHINE/TOOL:1. Compaction Factor Machine,
2. Weighing Machine,
3. Steel Trowel Or Mechanical Vibrator
1. Pour the sample of concrete and fill the topmost hopper.
2. Open the hinged door situated at the lower end of the topmost hopper so that the concrete can be dropped into the lower hopper.
2. Instantly open the gate of situated at the end of the lower hopper so that the concrete can be dropped into the cylindrical mould.
3. Take away the additional concrete over the top level of the mould with the use of a trowel.
4. Acquire the weight of the cylindrical mould with concrete (partly compacted concrete) and discover the weight of the concrete ( W1).
5. Now eliminate the concrete from the mould and fill it again with the similar concrete sample in 5 cm layers.
6. A steel rod or mechanical vibrator is applied to compact the every layer of the concrete completely (There does not exist any air voids in the concrete)
7. Now acquire the weight of the cylinder with concrete (completely compacted concrete) and discover the weight of the concrete (W2).
8. Workout the compaction factor with the following formula.
Estimate is done for the compaction factor by dividing the value of partly compacted concrete with the value of completely compacted concrete.
i.e Compaction Factor = W1/W2
To get more information, click on the following link