TOTAL STATION IS A ROBUST SOFTWARE FOR SURVEYOR
Surveying is most vital prior to start a new construction project. Total station, a newest gadget in recent times, is very useful for the surveyors to use on the job location. Total station is built with an electronic theodolite, an electronic distance measuring device (EDM) and a micro processor with a memory unit. This instrument is applied to detect the coordinates of a reflector by rectifying the cross hair of the instrument and simultaneously calculating the vertical angles, horizontal angles, and slope distances. A micro processor handles the recording, readings, and the basic calculation of measurements.
The pros and cons of total station are given below:
PROS OF TOTAL STATION:
1. Instantly setup the instrument on the tripod through the laser plummet.
2. Programmed with on board area computation for calculating the area of a field.
3. It is compatible with local languages.
4. It demonstrates the graphical view of land and plots.
5. There are no recording and writing inaccuracies.
6. It offers more authentic measurements as compared to other traditional surveying instruments.
7. Data is saved and transmitted to a PC.
8. It contains integral database.
9. Automation of old maps
10. The is proper software to execute all in one and multitasking instrument ranging from surveying to GIS development.
11. Ability to work and complete the job quickly as well as saves significant time.
CONS OF TOTAL STATION:
1. The instrument is expensive as compared to other traditional surveying instruments.
2. It becomes very difficult for the surveyor to examine and verify the work while surveying.
3. It is hard to perform with total station because more trained surveyors are necessary to perform a total station survey.
4. To verify the survey work comprehensively it is required to return to the office and create the drawings with the proper software.
Article Source : www.dailycivil.com