Basics about Hidden Beam
The depth of the hidden beam is equal to the thickness of the slab. A hidden beam is a type of reinforced concrete beam and it is also known as a concealed beam. It is a virtual beam.
This type of beam is inserted in the suspended slabs where engineers consider the slab thickness. This type of beam is given between the living and dining spaces. This hidden beam gives a level ceiling surface look. This hidden beam is used in commercial buildings.
Purpose of Hidden Beam
1. Using the greater span is allowed by the hidden beam for the slab.
2. It is provided for architectural aesthetic purposes in the building interior.
3. It is used for breaking a huge panel of a slab into a specific size.
Design of Hidden Beam
1. The design of this beam is the same as a conventional beam.
2. The depth of this beam is particular.
3. The slab thickness is not the same as a conventional beam.
4. It also is required to increase the reinforcement ratio dept width of the beam.
5. Around the cutout.
6. A neat and leveled ceiling surface is provided To improve architectural aesthetic appearance.
7. It is designed to achieve maximum floor height.
8. It is designed to clear the way for electromechanical ductwork.
9. It also saves clearance of floor height.
10. It allows the brickwork if it needs to be constructed over the slab.
Advantages of Hidden Beam
1. This beam is affordable and also save the cost of materials.
2. This beam also saves the floor height clearance.
3. This beam also creates an acceptable aesthetic appearance.
4. It also permits interior space partitioning.
5. This beam is suitable for the commercial multi-storeyed building.
6. The floor height achieves clearly for electromechanical ductwork economical and also aesthetic appearance of the building.
Disadvantages of Hidden Beam
1. The hidden beam has low ductility because the reinforcement ratio is high. So it gives offset at column connection.
2. It also creates a spanning problem to support the structure at a specific angle.
1. Where the thickness is lower than 200mm there this type of beam should not be used.
2. Users should analyze the beam and also the model with the whole slab.
3. This structure is weak at the column strip.
4. The building can be sandwiched during the earthquake.
5. Reinforcement of hidden insurance is more than 2% of the total RCC.
6. It is unable to carry lateral loads.
7. Vertical displacement in the hidden beam is 10% higher than the normal beam.
In this article, we discussed hidden beam, its?s design, purpose, advantages, disadvantages, and warning.
Now readers can understand about this product by reading this unique article. If viewers think this article is really helpful for them then please let us know about their opinion. Readers can submit their valuable comments in the comment box below the article. We are very eager to know. Hope you can enjoy it!