Some useful tips on foundation marking
This is another useful video for civil engineering students presented by the renowned engineer Sami Ullah. In this video, Sami Ullah provides explains on the process of column footing marking for building in the construction site.
Suppose, the thickness of the wall is 9 inches = 0.75 feet
The size of the footing is taken as 2 feet x 2 feet
Before starting the marking, the following points should be considered :-
1. The length of each wall should be marked properly.
2. The string should be leveled properly.
3. The corners should perfectly square i.e. 90 degree
The most crucial part of the marking is to fix the base point. From the base point, a base line is formed with a thread to fix the second point.
Site marking involves the following processes :-
1. The Engineer and Meastri will recognize the position of pillar.
2. After that, earth work will start depending on the soil condition.
3. Engineer will start marking the area around the piller. Earth workers will dig marked area
4. Based on soil condition, the depth of the pillar will fluctuate.
To get more clear ideas, go through the following video tutorial.
Video Source: Civil Engineers