Midland Asphalt Materials Inc is seeking a project estimator in Bloomsburg, PA location
Midland Asphalt Materials Inc, a renowned company that deals with road resurfacing technology and pavement maintenance, is inviting application for the post of Project Estimator for the office located at Bloomsburg, PA.
The candidate has to develop cost estimation for projects (from initial to completion stage), modify the construction projects, and analytics to help in managing project development process efficiently.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Scrutinize documents for creating time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Arranges and organizes logistics, acquisition, and allotment of materials.
- Evaluates cost effectiveness of projects or services, finds the true costs toward the progression of the project.
- Assesses constructability/production analysis of bid documents together with specifications, site conditions, contracts and building codes.
- Make estimates for the management team toward planning, organizing and scheduling work, choosing vendors or subcontractors.
- Get in touch with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction operations to converse and prepare estimates and find solution for issues.
- Execute components of project plan that is essential prior to construction work crews visit the jobsites.
- Formulate estimates out of different types of bid documents and their major components together with components like bonding, insurance, indemnification, and damage clauses.
- Participate with pre-bid and job site meetings; Carry outs and/or joins pre-construction, progress and other project/activities and any staff meetings
- Locate and report real time cost data tracking real cost costs, schedules corresponding to bid proposals with the progression of the project.
- Make sure that any relevant federal/state prevailing wage rates guidelines are considered, supervised, enforced and retained per project bid requirements.
- Accomplishes other duties as necessary or assigned.
In order to submit your application, send CV and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posses BS Degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
- Atleast 1-2 years’ experience of project cost estimating or working in a similar capacity.
- Must abide by the company Safety and Loss Prevention Program.
Other perks include medical, vision, dental and life & disability insurance.