What is Quantity Surveying
Home »Quantity Surveyor
A "Quantity Surveyor" means a person educated, trained and well qualified, and who is particularly and regularly engaged, for the purpose of livelihood, in the following work:
1. The preparation of Bills and/or Schedules of Quantities of materials, labour and services required in the construction and equipment of building, or engineering works, and;
2. The preparation and valuation of progress and final payments in connection with any contract or sub-contract, and;
3. The appraisal of the value of proposed constructions or other structures already erected, and;
4. The preparation of specifications when required so to do, and;
5. Acting as arbitrator in cases of dispute in connection with building, or engineering work, when required so to do, and;
6. To advise from time to time on cost management, or value management.
7. To carry out such other duties as may properly be those of a Quantity Surveyor.