A position is vacant for Senior Process Control Engineer-Atlanta, GA
Georgia-Pacific Chemicals LLC, the globally recognized manufacturer of tissue, pulp, paper, packaging, building products and related chemicals, is seeking Senior Process Control Engineer in Atlanta, GA.
The Senior Process Control Engineer has to lead the technical support, design, development, and application of process control (automation) systems in chemical manufacturing. He/she has to send report to the Process Control Department Manager as well as train a group of Control Engineers.
Duties & liabilities:
- Develop functional plan after a brief consultation with major stakeholders and apply proper documentation so as to formulate and convey design requirements.
- Set up detailed requirements and data together with network architecture, communication concepts, safety concepts, security concepts, reliability concepts and standards, vendor preferences, equipment data sheets, reporting and information needs on the basis of recognized practices with the intention of creating the basis of the design.
- Choose, identify and design installation of measurement and control elements to control flows, energy, positions, speeds, and other variables.
- Accomplish safety and/or hazard analyses, security analyses, and regulatory compliance assessments by identifying key issues and risks to abide by valid standards, policies, and regulations.
- Produce detailed equipment specifications and instrument data sheets.
- Build up a functional description of the automation solution through rules recognized in the definition stage to facilitate development and programming.
- Builld up Human Machine Interface (HMI) compliant with design documents to fulfill the functional requirements.
- Accumulate all necessary documentation and user manuals formed throughout the development process to deliver essential knowledge to customers and end users.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in process control (automation).
- Capability for traveling 25% of the time.
Apply online Senior Process Control Engineer
- Prior experience with project management.
- Proficient with Honeywell Experion PKS DCS Systems.
- Knowledge with batch execution systems, preferably Honeywell TPB.
- Experience with virtualization.
Image Courtesy: octavesim.com