A Position Is Vacant For Construction Manager In Houston, Texas
LyondellBasell, the biggest plastics, chemical and refining company of the world and a member of the S&P 500, is seeking a Construction Manager (CM) for the Turnaround and Capital Project Group at the Bayport Facility, situated 25 miles away from Downtown Houston, TX.
Duties & Liabilities
- Make sure that all construction activities are performed carefully.
- Prepare and execute the Construction Safety Plan.
- Make sure that all construction activities satisfy LyondellBasell’s quality, cost and schedule expectations.
- Assist the Turnaround Manager and Capital Project Managers to guarantee the success of the complete project.
- Arrange, plan, staff, motivate, coordinate and direct the construction effort.
- Take liabilities for overall construction safety, strategy, logistics, administration of construction controls, schedules and budgetary performance.
- Take Part and deliver construction input as necessary throughout Front-End-Loading/Planning Phases of LyondellBasell’s Project Development. This consists of offering contract strategy, constructability, schedule, and estimate input as required.
- Works in tandem with the Turnaround and Project Managers to formulate the Construction Contracting Approach
- Takes liability for preparing the Construction Execution Plan
- Work with Project Controls resources to create and track contractor performance metrics
- Other liabilities as suggested by management
Professional and Academic Qualifications :
- B.S. (or higher) degree in related Engineering or Construction Management is desirable.
- Atleast 10 years’ experience in the field of Project Management or Construction.
Management in Refining/Petrochemical environment
- Proper experience in working with jobsite in construction management position is essential.
- Lead Construction role in Capital Projects exceeding $5 MM is desirable.
- Capability of performing under limited supervision and successfully handle multiple/changing priorities.
- Sound communication and leadership skills are compulsory.
There will be a good salary package, bonus, 401K matching as well as considerate benefits package, employee discounts and pension plan.