A position is vacant for Assistant Staff Project Manager - Construction Materials Testing
An award-winning consulting firm that provides geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing and environmental and facilities consulting services and has been ranked as one of the top 100 engineering and environmental firms by ENR, is seeking an assistant staff project manager for construction materials testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Mainly perform with management of construction materials testing projects. The candidate has to take liabilities for testing of soils, foundations, reinforced and post-tensioned concrete, masonry, structural steel, fire proofing and asphalt pavement. Besides, there are other project management liabilities which range from application of technical support, day-to-day assessment of field reports, checking progression of project for performance and budgetary conditions, support with collection efforts, planning for proposals and invoicing, participating with project site meetings and providing support with the resolution to technical and administrative problems.
• Analysis of soils, foundations, reinforced and post-tensioned concrete, masonry, structural steel, fireproofing and asphalt pavement.
• Laboratory tests.
• Day-to-day field reports.
• Project meeting and providing support in project resolutions.
• Scheduling, training and oversight of field technicians.
• Special inspections of structural components.
• Development of proposals.
• BSCE from an ABET recommended college/university required; knowledge with MS Geotechnical Engineering will be an added advantage.
• 0-2 years working experience with associated field.
• EIT certification desired. Possibility for acquiring a PE license is essential for career development.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Interest in project management and the ability to work effectively in teams, with clients, peers and subordinates, as required.
Notes: Please specify your compensation expectations [$$/hour] while sending application for this post otherwise your application will be disqualified. This position is non-exempt under FSLA. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.